Friday, May 31, 2013

Double-Walled Bowl by Marcia Tiffany

Donna’s One-a-Days,
Marcia Tiffany’s Doubled-Walled Vessels,
and more

Summer Show - June, July, August
Opens Friday, June 7, at Art Walk

Donna Colby’s One-a-Days - These are small works of art produced one each day for a year—from May 20, 2012 - May 20, 2013. The resulting 366 pieces will be displayed in this show. Donna says, “I made a commitment on my birthday in 2012 to do this project. Some days I only had a minute or two to make my art piece, and those, to my surprise, were often my favorites. Some are drawings, some paintings, some are designs made from paper scraps, many are spur of the moment experiments.To me, all 366 pieces make one work of art. They belong as a group.”

Marcia Tiffany's Double-Walled Ceramic Vessels - Marcia Tiffany says of her dramatic ceramic pieces: “Something about double-walled bowls intrigues me. I am drawn to think of them as ceremonial vessels that honor the similarities and polarities in nature, art and ourselves. I think of the hollow space between the inner and outer shapes as the place where the spirit or breath resides.” Marcia uses contrasting colors, highly textured and smooth surfaces, and size relationships to express and evoke the symbolism of these vessels, partly inspired by the ceremonial vessels of various cultures, including containers for sacred objects and holy water.

Nick Johnson's new assemblages - Anyone who has seen Nick’s work knows that his 3-D creations are delightful, sometimes political, often absurd, masterful, and ridiculously inventive.

Edgard Camacho's unique ceramic designs - Edgard, who has been a painter and sculptor, is showing a collection of ceramic pieces with marvelous geometric facets, unique design features, and great color palettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment